The Australian Schoolboys team to take on New Zealand in September and October 2015 has been announced today with two young Wests Tigers juniors selected.
Balmain Tigers junior and U/18 NSW representative Ryan Papenhuyzen has been included in the side along with Western Suburbs Magpies junior Ray Stone, who also featured in the Australian Schoolboys' tour of England in late 2014.
The team will play a two-Test series against the Kiwis in Brisbane.
The team announcement follows the Australian Secondary Schools Rugby League (ASSRL) Under-18s Championships held this week at the Collegians Rugby League Club.
NRL General Manager League Integration and Game Development Andrew Hill said the ASSRL was a vital breeding ground for the game.
“Congratulations to the all the players who competed in the Championships this week, and especially to those selected for the Australian Schoolboys squad,” Mr Hill said.
“It’s an honour to play for your country and I’m sure they will be wear the Australian jersey with pride, passion and integrity.”
As part of the NRL’s commitment to development, all players and team staff at the National Championships participated in education and welfare sessions.
1. Ryan Papenhuyzen — Oakhill College, Castle Hill
2. Tyronne Roberts-Davis — Keebra Park State High School, Gold Coast
3. Curtis Scott — Endeavour Sports High School, Caringbah
4. Reuben Garrick — Kiama High School, Kiama
5. Tre Williams — Karabar High School, Queanbeyan
6. Nathan Cleary — St. Dominics College, Kingswood
7. Scott Drinkwater — Terrigal High School, Terrigal
8. Jye Challenor — Westfields Sports High School, Fairfield
9. Blakye Brailey — Aquinas Catholic College, Menai
10. Jayden Butterfield — All Saints College St Marys Campus, Maitland
11. Cameron Murray — Newington College, Stanmore
12. Adam Keighran — Endeavour Sports High School, Caringbah
13. Reuben Cotter — Sarina State High School, Sarina
14. David Fauid — Wavell State High School, Brisbane
15. Ray Stone — Wollondilly Anglican College, Wollondilly
16. Bayley Faull — Terrigal High School, Terrigal
17. Daniel Vasquez — St Patrick’s College, Sutherland
Coach: Brian Battese — NSWCCC, St. Johns College Woodlawn, Lismore