Wests Tigers outside back Kevin Naiqama has been named as Captain of the 24-man Fiji Bati squad for the upcoming 2017 Rugby League World Cup.
Naiqama, who captained Fiji in their past two Test matches, has been named in the squad alongside Taane Milne, whom he will link up with at Wests Tigers in 2018.
Since making his international debut for Fiji in 2009 at the Pacific Cup, Naiqama has gone on to feature for his country in 11 Test matches, scoring two tries.
Fiji will begin their World Cup campaign on October 28 when they take on the United States before facing Wales on November 5 and Italy on November 10. To progress through to the knockout stages, Fiji will need to top Group D, where they will then face the second-placed team in Group B (either New Zealand, Scotland, Samoa or Tonga).
FIJI WORLD CUP SQUAD
1. Kane Evans - Sydney Roosters
2. Salesi Faingaa - Parramatta Eels
3. Jarryd Hayne - Gold Coast Titans
4. Tui Kamikamica - Melbourne Storm/ SC Falcons
5. Villiame Kikau - Penrith Panthers
6. Apisai Koroisau - Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
7. Joe Lovadua - St George-Illawarra Dragons
8. Henry Raiwalui - Mounties RLFC
9. Taane Milne - St George-Illawarra Dragons/ Illawarra RLFC
10. Sitiveni Moceidreke - South Sydney Rabbitohs/ North Sydney Bears
11. Marcelo Montoya - Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
12. Kevin Naiqama (C) - Wests Tigers
13. Ben Nakubuwai - Gold Coast Titans/ Tweed Heads Seagulls
14. Mikaele Ravalawa - Canberra Raiders
15. Junior Roqica - London Broncos
16. Jacob Saifiti - Newcastle Knights
17. Ashton Sims - Warrington Wolves
18. Korbin Sims - Brisbane Broncos
19. Pio Seci - Nabua Broncos
20. James Storer - Port Kembla Blacks
21. Akuila Uate - Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
22. Eloni Vunakece - Sydney Roosters/ Wyong Roos
23. Suliasi Vunivalu - Melbourne Storm
24. Brayden Wiliame - Catalans Dragons
FIJI WORLD CUP SCHEDULE
Saturday, October 28 — Fiji vs. United States at Townsville Stadium (AUS)
Sunday, November 5 — Fiji vs. Wales at Townsville Stadium (AUS)
Friday, November 10 — Fiji vs. Italy at GIO Stadium (AUS)