GRAPHIC AND DIGITAL DESIGNER: JOB DESCRIPTION
- Possess a creative flair and enjoy creating marketing materials across every area of a business?
- Thrive on challenge, excel in times of change? Roles like this don't come up often.
- Join a professional Rugby League organisation at a critical juncture in their history.
Why not combine your career in graphic and digital design with your passion for Sport and Rugby League?
As the Wests Tigers Graphic & Digital Designer you will have the chance to make a genuine impact.
You will be focusing on:
- Generating GIFs and multi-media graphics to increase engagement across all digital channels
- Working with the in-house videographer to ensure all multi-media production is brand consistent
- Creating website visual content to maximise sales opportunities, including product merchandising and landing pages
- Producing and distributing the weekly marketing EDMs (E-newsletter)
- Creating social media content and ad campaigns
- Designing digital press-kits.
Reporting to the Marketing & Brand Manager, this role is responsible for the successful end to end delivery of brand integrity and consistency. This is a fast-paced and deadline driven, challenging and extremely hands on role. The successful candidate will thrive in situations where managing competing deadlines is an everyday occurrence. The role demands an experienced designer possessing excellent verbal and written communication skills. A keen eye with excellent spelling, grammar and proofreading skills is essential.
You will need to have a proven track record of championing brands across all pillars of a business. You will be responsible for omni-channel consistency between online, game day and local area. In addition, you will design signage, posters, brochures, decals and branded communications incorporating events and game day. Further you will be in control of corporate requirements such as proposals, promotional materials, point of sale and other projects as they arise. Attendance at all Wests Tigers Rugby League home games and key events which all occur outside of traditional business hours are a requirement of the role.
Skills & Qualifications
- Relevant tertiary or design qualifications in graphic design, visual communications or equivalent
- Minimum 2+ years of experience;
- Excellent knowledge of design and Adobe creative suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere Pro and After Effects).
- Experience with html and designing for digital formats
- UX design highly regarded
- Experience in video editing and motion graphics
- Photography skills
- Sketch and drawing skills
- Ability to personally champion a culture of continuous improvement;
- Possess exceptional interpersonal skills, professionalism and strong communication skills;
- Exceptional planning, organisational & time management skills;
- Ability to foster effective working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders; and
- Flexibility in working hours, including abnormal hours and weekends.
POSITION CLOSES: MONDAY, NOVEMBER 26TH
Wests Tigers is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a smoke free workplace. Only applicants with full rights to work in Australia will be considered. We value the support and involvement of our local Aboriginal community. People of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.