Over 250 Wests Tigers contracted players took part in the club's annual Pathways Day at Concord Oval on the weekend under the watchful eye of the club's full NRL coaching staff.
Put through a range of tests by the NRL High Performance Unit as well as several technique and fitness drills, the 250-plus squad were then spoken to by Head Coach Michael Maguire about the importance of the day and the season ahead.
In attendance were players from the following grades:
- Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg
- Wests Tigers Harvey Norman NSW Women's Premiership
- Wests Tigers Tarsha Gale Cup
- Balmain Tigers SG Ball
- Balmain Tigers Harold Matthews
- Western Suburbs Magpies SG Ball
- Western Suburbs Magpies Harold Matthews
- Wests Tigers GSR Laurie Daley Cup
- Wests Tigers GSR Andrew Johns Cup
For a club with a rich tradition of bringing local juniors through to first-grade, the annual Pathways Day is an important occasion for Wests Tigers in allowing the club's youngsters to see a clear progression through to the top squad — further strengthening the successful talent pipeline at Wests Tigers.
The various squads will continue to train over the coming weeks before beginning their 2020 trial matches — a full list of matches can be found here.