You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content
Wests Tigers suffered a 32-18 loss to South Sydney at Allianz Stadium tonight in round 25 of the Telstra Premiership.

In front of a crowd of 14,891, Wests Tigers led by six points at half-time before being run down by the Rabbitohs despite their gallant efforts.

The match saw three Wests Tigers players reach personal milestones. Captain and hooker Robbie Farah became the most capped Wests Tigers player in his 202nd appearance for the club.

Five-eighth Benji Marshall played his 200th game for Wests Tigers while winger Lote Tuqiri played his 150th NRL game.

South Sydney lock Sam Burgess was sent to the sin bin in the fourth minute for a professional foul after being penalised after tackling centre Tm Simona.

Wests Tigers centre Tim Simona opened the scoring in the 7th minute when he chased and regathered a kick from five-eighth Benji Marshall who split the defence in the middle. Replay after replay finally showed that Simona had grounded the ball over the tryline before Souths full-back Greg Inglis had stripped the ball out from him. Marshall converted the try for a 6-0 lead.

Two minutes later, Wests Tigers were in again when full-back James Tedesco dived over next to the posts after backing up winger David Nofoaluma and lock Ben Murdoch-Masila for a 10-0 lead. Marshall converted the try for a 12-0 lead.

Wests Tigers got their third try in the 15th minute when Murdoch-Masila pounced on a loose ball that was spilt by winger Nathan Merritt from a crossfield kick by half-back Braith Anasta and knocked back by second-rower Chris McQueen. Marshall converted from next to the posts for an 18-0 lead.

South Sydney opened their account in the 30th minute when half-back Adam Reynolds backed up inside to score behind the posts for an 18-4 scoreline. Reynolds converted his own try to leave the Rabbitohs trailing 18-6.

Wests Tigers were denied a try to winger Lote Tuqiri in the 35th minute after it was ruled a bomb by Anasta saw the ball bounce forward off Simona in contesting the kick with Inglis.

South Sydney got their second try in the 39th minute when winger Dylan Farrell planted his hand on the ball from a clearing Reynolds kick on the last tackle after Wests Tigers winger Lote Tuqiri slipped over. Reynolds converted the try to leave the Rabbitohs trailing 18-12 at half-time.

2nd Half

The Rabbitohs got back to 18-16 in the 47th minute when Sam Burgess used his strength to push through two defenders to stretch out over the line to score. Reynolds converted to make it 18-all.

Reynolds put South Sydney in front for the first time in the 68th minute after landing a penalty goal from 30 metres out for a 20-18 scoreline. He converted the penalty goal after Marshall was penalised for stripping the ball in a tackle on five-eighth John Sutton.

South Sydney went to a 24-18 lead in the 71st minute when hooker Isaac Luke brushed off the attempted tackle of prop Adam Blair in a run from dummy half before linking with Merritt for the winger to score. Reynolds converted for a 26-18 lead.

Prop Luke Burgess scored his first NRL try in the 76th minute when he strolled through a gap to seal victory for the Rabbitohs. Reynolds converted the try for a 32-18 scoreline.
Acknowledgement of Country

Wests Tigers respect and honour the Traditional Custodians of the land and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and future. We acknowledge the stories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples on the lands we meet, gather and play on.

Major Partner

Corporate Partners

View All Partners