You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content
A clinical display from New Zealand and a man of the match performance from Shaun Johnson saw them run out 48-0 winners over France at Parc des Sports, Avignon.

New Zealand dominated the first half running in three converted tries for an 18-0 lead at half-time. France had an opportunity to get into the game after the interval but were unable to crack an impressive New Zealand defence. As the home side began to tire, the Kiwis ran in another five tries in an impressive all-round performance.

The first try of the game came after three minutes when Kieran Forans high kick was taken superbly by Krisnan Inu to touch down.

New Zealand looked to have added to their lead when Johnsons kick out wide was knocked on by Stacul to Issac Luke who offloaded to Frank Pritchard, but the second rows try was disallowed by the video referee for a knock on by Jason Nightingale.

The closest France came to scoring in the first half was when Thomas Boscs huge bomb was spilled by Kevin Locke to give the French a fresh set of six, but they failed to make the most of the opportunity.

The Kiwis added to their score when Johnson replicated Forans kick to find Goodwin who touched down unchallenged to put them 10-0.

New Zealand were denied another score by the video referee when Kevin Locke was deemed to have knocked on in the build-up to Roger Tuivasa-Shecks try.

However they increased their lead on the stroke of half time, when Luke found Frank-Paul Nuuausala who cleverly spun out of a tackle to score their third try.

France started the second half in positive fashion, testing the New Zealand defence on a number of occasions, but werent able to break through. Having soaked up the pressure, the Kiwis hit back with another score when Luke ran from dummy half before finding Johnson who cruised over the line.

The pair combined again when Luke broke through the French line before finding Johnson amid a string of New Zealanders queuing up to take the pass.

France were powerless to prevent Eastwood adding to their lead when he drove over the line, before Johnson converted for a sixth time.

A tired French defence was exploited again by Nuuausala who broke through to score his second try of the game.

France appeared to have scored the try they had waited for all game, only to have it ruled out by the video referee for a push.

On the last play of the game Tuivasa-Sheck was then granted a try via the video referee, with Johnson landing his eighth conversion.
Acknowledgement of Country

Wests Tigers respect and honour the Traditional Custodians of the land and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and future. We acknowledge the stories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples on the lands we meet, gather and play on.

Major Partner

Corporate Partners

View All Partners