You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content
Competition - NYC Premiership

Round - Round 04

Teams - Wests Tigers V Parramatta Eels

Date - 28th of March 2016

Venue - ANZ Stadium, Homebush, Sydney NSW

Photographer - Robb Cox

Wests Tigers Holden Cup side have suffered a disappointing Round 4 loss to the Parramatta Eels, going down 40-4 in their Easter Monday clash at ANZ Stadium.

Parramatta got off to a blistering start, scoring three tries in the opening ten minutes of the match.

Troy Dargan provided a cut out pass for Jermaine Mati-Leifi to dive over in the corner.  

Two minutes later the visitors were in again when Dane Aukafolau pounced on a Wests Tigers error in goal. Mati-Leifi was unsuccessful with both conversion attempts and Parramatta took an 8-0 lead.

The visitors went back-to-back from the restart when Jack Morris made a break on the left edge and found Bevan French in support to extend the Eels lead 14-0.

Wests Tigers enjoyed some possession for the next five minutes but were unable to convert to points with the visitors showing strong defence with several try saving tackles on their line.

Dargan then turned defence into attack when he kicked a 40/20 to get the Eels out of trouble, and then sliced through on the next play to score under the posts.

The halfback converted and Parramatta’s lead extended to 20-0 after 19 minutes.

Nothing was going right for the home side with the kick from the restart going out on the full.

Parramatta took advantage and Dargan found Michael Doolan, who weaved in between two defenders to score.

Dargan converted next to the posts and the lead grew to 26-0.

Wests Tigers hit back to post points on the board in the 28minute when Jayden Wheelhouse placed a neat grubber for Ryland Jacobs to pounce on out wide.

Veiru Mapesone was unable to convert and the score remained 26-4 as both teams went into the sheds for half time.

Both sides were error riddled in the second half with several forward passes and disallowed tries being called.

French was in for a double for the Eels in the 53rd minute when he was on the end of a slick backline movement to extend Parramatta’s lead 30-4.

The fullback was involved for Parramatta’s next four try, when he delivered the final pass for his winger Atini Gafa to score in the corner.

Dargan converted as the Eels extended their lead 36-4.

French’s day out was complete in the final two minutes of the game, when he crossed for a hat-trick in the corner. French was unsuccessful from the sideline as the Eels completed a comprehensive 40-4 victory.


FULL TIME — Parramatta Eels 40 (French 3, Doolan, Mati-Leifi, Dargan, Aukfolau, Gafa tries; Dargan 4/7 Mati-Leifi 0/2 goals) def. Wests Tigers 4 (Jacobs tries; Mapesone 0/1 goals)