Wests Tigers in conjunction with its partners, the Western Suburbs Magpies and South West Sydney Academy of Sport, has a variety of positions available, as part of Western Suburbs Regional Development Pathway Program.
The Western Suburbs Magpies participate in a range of representative competitions including the Ron Massey Cup, Sydney Shield, SG Ball (Under 18’s) and Harold Matthews (Under 16’s) competitions, which are administered by the New South Wales Rugby League. Currently based in Liverpool, the Western Suburbs Magpies service and develop rugby league players from Liverpool to the Southern Highlands region, in conjunction with Western Suburbs District Junior Rugby League and Country Rugby League, Group 6.
The South West Sydney Academy of Sport (SWSAS) was established in 1997 by the NSW Department of Sport and Recreation to service the South West Sydney region which includes the Local Government Areas of Liverpool, Camden, Campbelltown and Wollondilly. The Academy is one of eleven which operate across NSW, all of which have the same principal role to facilitate the development of talented junior athletes in the region. As part of its role SWSAS administers a junior Rugby League Development program in collaboration with the Wests Tigers and Western Suburbs Magpies.
The Wests Tigers, Western Suburbs Magpies and SWSAS are currently seeking expressions of interest from appropriately qualified coaches and support staff members for the following squads:
- NSWRL SG Ball (Under 18’s)
- NSWRL Harold Matthews (Under 16’s)
- Development – Under 13’s, Under 14’s, Under 15’s & Under 17’s
Roles available within these squads include:
- Head Coach (Minimum Level 1 Rugby League Coach, preference for Level 2)
- Assistant Coach (Minimum Level 1 Rugby League Coach)
- Team Manager (Competent organisation and administration skills)
- Medical Trainer (Minimum Level 2 Sports Medicine Australia, or equivalent)
- Sports Trainer (Minimum Level 1 Sports Medicine Australia, or equivalent)
- Strength & Conditioning Coach (Minimum Level 1 Australian Strength & Conditioning Association, preference for Level 2, or equivalent)
These programs run throughout the year with the Harold Matthews & SG Ball program running from November - April, Under 14s/15s/17s programs running from November to March and May to August and the Under 13s program running from May to August.
The programs have a minimum commitment of attending training sessions, trial and competition games as well as further obligations that will be outlined as part of the interview process.
- Honorariums are available based on level of experience in selected positions.
- Staff development opportunities are also available as part of each program.