There's no shortage of action on offer this weekend when Wests Tigers take on the Melbourne Storm as part of the Round 5 doubleheader at Mount Smart Stadium.
With Ivan Cleary's side facing the defending premiers for the second time in a month and 2017 Grand Finalists in North Queensland taking on the undefeated Warriors, Saturday's game is shaping as a night to remember for the people of Auckland and certainly not a game to be missed if you're in town!
Date — Saturday, April 7, 2018
Time — 5:00pm local time (3:00pm AEST)
Venue — Mount Smart Stadium, Auckland, NZ
Note: All times listed in local time (subtract two hours for AEST)
3:30pm — Gates Open at Mount Smart Stadium
5:00pm — NRL, Wests Tigers vs. Melbourne Storm
7:30pm — NRL, New Zealand Warriors vs. North Queensland Cowboys
WHAT'S ON AT THE GAME
- The Woodstock Bar will be open for business for the first time this season. It will be a feature for the rest of the season.
- The ATEED Awesome marquee will be open with prizes on offer for fans.
- Drums of the Pacific and Brotherhood Musiq will both be performing.
- The Suzuki Swift Road Warrior will be on show. Make sure you register to go in the draw for your chance to win this great set of wheels at the end of the season.
- Check out for the Coca-Cola Happiness Truck.
- Look out for our magician JP the Clown. He’ll keep you amused
- SKYCITY Family Zone with a cup and saucer ride, mini Ferris wheel, bungy trampoline and more.
- Also in the SKYCITY Family Zone, Harvey Norman Community Warriors will have lots of activities on offer including face painters, bin pong and a photo activation.
- The mini mod footy game before the Wests Tigers v Melbourne NRL game will be between Mangere East Hawks and Taniwharau (under-6s).
- Keep your eyes out for the new-look Tiki who’ll be putting on some moves throughout the day.
- The CCC T-Shirt Cannon will be in business again. Which player will be firing it?
- At halftime in the first game watch out for the “catch a spiral” competition with Stacey Jones pumping up the kicks for contestants to catch.
- Pacific cultural performance by the Wesley Fijian group at halftime in the Tigers-Storm match.
- Between the day’s two games, there’ll be another Pacific cultural performance, this one from the St Paul’s College Tongan group.
- In the countdown to the clash between the Vodafone Warriors and the Cowboys, the Drums of the Pacific will be accompanied by Cook Islands dancers.
- The CCC T-Shirt Cannon will be pounding out gifts again before the feature match.
- Mini mods footy will be back with the Mangere East Hawks and Taniwharau Under-8s going head to head.
- At halftime, watch out for a DROPIT auction. You’ll be able to bid for a fantastic package – four tickets to the Vodafone Warriors’ home game against Brisbane on April 14 (sitting on the SKYCITY side-line couches with food and drinks), two rooms at SKYCITY Hotel for four people on April 14, dinner for four with Vodafone Warriors captain Roger Tuivasa-Sheck at The Grill at SKYCITY, four adult Sky Tower passes and a signed Vodafone Warriors jersey.
- Another halftime feature will be the Woodstock Kick for Cash.
- There’ll be a Pacific cultural performance, this one from the St Paul’s College Samoan group.
- SKYCITY promo girls will be handing out lollies and flyers to enter the competition to win Stephen Kearney’s Suzuki while Scotty Sky Tower will also be onsite.
- The Vodafone Warriors’ merchandise van will be stationed in the south-east corner of the stadium (special offer: 20 per cent discount on 47 brand apparel).
- The day’s food special is two Westie pies for just five dollars.