Wests Tigers will look to get back on track when they run out at Leichhardt Oval for the first time this season to take on the North Queensland Cowboys.
Off the back of three straight defeats, Ivan Cleary's side will be desperate to bounce back against the improving Cowboys and will certainly be boosted by the voracious Leichhardt Oval crowd behind them.
Kicking off the NRL's Indigenous Round with the club's first ever Thursday night game, there's plenty happening around the ground on the night so this is definitely a game not to be missed!
Date — Thursday, May 10, 2018
Time — 7:50pm AEST
Venue — Leichhardt Oval (Lilyfield, NSW)
Match Day Sponsor — Lantrak
6:05pm — Wests Tigers Ticket Window Opens
6:20pm — Gates Open at Leichhardt Oval
7:50pm — NRL, Wests Tigers vs. North Queensland Cowboys
Match: Wests Tigers v Cowboys
Round 10 -
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
MEMBERSHIP AND MERCHANDISE
Become a Wests Tigers Member today and save, with all three Leichhardt Oval games from just $64!
Flexi Tickets are also available for all Wests Tigers Members — please call (02) 8741 3300.
For all Membership enquiries on the night, please visit the Membership marquee located at Mary Street.
Merchandise outlets will be located at both the Mary Street and Glover Street entrances to Leichhardt Oval, so make sure you head along and pick up the brand new Wests Tigers 2018 Indigenous jersey!
WHAT'S ON AT THE GAME
- Traditional painting and didgeridoo lessons
- Didgeridoo musician at Mary St. entry gates — performed by Muggera Dance Group
- Dartball and DJ are back again, see if you can beat the players' scores!
- Indigenous performer Jacob Ridgeway of First Nations (Worimi and Kamilaroi) descent
- Smoke ceremony performed by Muggera Dance Group
- Welcome to Country – delivered by Donna Ingram (Local cultural Leader)
- Anthem sung by Rebecca Hatch (Triple J Unearthed artist) in both tongues
- Clontarf Academy indigenous rugby league team game
- Traditional Gift Exchange
- Dance performance by Muggera Dance Group
- Lantrak ball giveaway
- Boot collection for regional communities — collection points will be located at both merchandise outlets at the Mary Street and Glover Street entrances to Leichhardt Oval
- On field interview with Balmain legend Larry Corowa
GETTING TO THE GAME
Wests Tigers strongly advise against driving to the ground where possible as parking is very limited.
For all timetable and transport information, click here or check 131 500.
Light Rail is a good option for fans making their way to the ground, with the Lilyfield and Leichhardt North stops within walking distance of Leichhardt Oval. Wests Tigers fans can experience a special Wests Tigers-themed walk from the stop to the ground, so make sure you don't miss out!
Several bus routes operate between Central Station and Leichhardt Oval, although there are no direct bus stops outside Leichhardt Oval or Mary Street. Routes M10, 470 and 440 all stop within the vicinity of Leichhardt Oval, with a 10-15 minute walk to the ground common in most cases.