MEDIA EXECUTIVE: JOB DESCRIPTION
- Thrive on challenge, excel in times of change? Roles like this don't come up often.
- Join a professional Rugby League organisation at a critical juncture in their history.
- Why not combine your career in media with your passion for sports and rugby league?
As the Wests Tigers Media Executive, you will have the chance to join a fast-paced and exiciting team and contribute daily to the organisation through a range of media skills.
Reporting to the Digital Media Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day media management and strategy, working closely with other departments at the club to ensure that the key messages and core values are being well presented.
You will be responsible for:
- Day-to-day media management, including weekly NRL media sessions
- Issue management, including official media releases and messages
- Controlling and shaping Wests Tigers media strategy
- Conducting player interviews and producing written/video content for the club's website
- Producing photography and video content from Wests Tigers on and off field events
- Producing written content for the club's website and social channels
- Assisting with game day production at all home games throughout the year
- Relevant tertiary qualification in sports and/or education;
- Previous experience working with media management;
- Existing media contacts and relationships;
- Experience producing online written content;
- Photography and video editing skills;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent communicator with strong people skills
- Approachable team player with strong commitment, dedication and personal motivation
- NSW drivers licence;
- Flexibility in working hours, including abnormal hours and weekends.
POSITION CLOSES MONDAY DECEMBER 10TH
Wests Tigers is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a smoke free workplace. Only applicants with full rights to work in Australia will be considered. We value the support and involvement of our local Aboriginal community. People of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
APPLY TO — VKubik@weststigers.com.au