The NRL's first ever Magic Round is here this weekend as all 16 clubs head to Suncorp Stadium for a round filled with action!
After the Titans and Sharks kick off the weekend early with their Thursday night showdown, Wests Tigers will take to the field on Friday night as they do battle with the Penrith Panthers. Having come off tough defeats in Round 8, both sides will be desperate for the two points on offer, and if their Round 4 matchup earlier this year is anything to go by, then we're certainly in for an action-packed night indeed!
Date — Friday, May 10, 2019
Time — 6:00pm AEDT
Venue — Suncorp Stadium (Castlemaine Street, Milton, QLD)
4:00pm — Ticket Window Opens
4:30pm — Gates Open at Suncorp Stadium
6:00pm — NRL, Wests Tigers vs. Penrith Panthers
6:45pm — Half Time Entertainment: Performance by Shepphard
8:05pm — NRL, Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles vs. Brisbane Broncos
Match: Wests Tigers v Panthers
Round 9 -
Venue: Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
TICKETS AND MEMBERSHIP
Individual day tickets for Friday Night are still available from $35 and includes entry to both matches on the night as Wests Tigers face the Panthers while Manly do battle with the Broncos — click here to get your tickets for the game!
What's more, purchase tickets into your dedicated team bay and receive a bonus club flag. Tickets must be present to collect one flag per ticket with availability for collection at the concourse behind the Wests Tigers Supporters Bay in Aisle 331.
Wests Tigers fans can also secure their seats for the game with a special Magic Round Membership! Perfect for our Queensland supporters or our fans travelling to the first NRL Magic Round to be held in Australia, the package offers the below:
- Bronze Ticket to Wests Tigers v Penrith Panthers
- 2019 Wests Tigers Members Cap
- 2019 Wests Tigers Bumper Sticker
- First to know club news and media releases
- Access to members only merchandise
- Access to flexi-tickets for select home games
- 10% off full priced Wests Tigers merchandise purchases
- Priority purchase period for all NRL Major Events
- Entry into 2019 Members prize draws and competitions
WHAT'S ON DURING MAGIC ROUND
Throughout Suncorp Stadium and the stadium precinct, fans will get the change to experience the best food, drinks, activities and giveaways from NRL partners. Be sure to arrive early to make the most of all that's happening!
- Join Youi Million Dollar Kick & Fan event on May 8 at King Georges Square.
- Enjoy ARIA-nominated Sheppard's music performance on Friday's game
- Collect Telstra Trading Cards at the Telstra marquee to get your own personalised trading cards created
- Join the Youi Kicking Challenge over NRL sized goalposts
- Visit the 4 Pines Truck to try their famous ales
- Utilise the Great Northern Bar as a place to meet family and friends
- Kick off the fun with your mates on the Holden SUV remote control car race before enjoying the Chill Out Zone
- Get your photo taken with an insta camera at the Harvey Norma Photo Booth
- Be ready to catch the magic ball prior to kick off for your chance to run on with the team
- Visit the Chemist Warehouse truck to pick up samples of the latest protein shakes and vitamins. Inside the stadium, Chemist Warehouse will be upgrading fans into their Go Healthy Deck!
- Bundaberg Rum are giving the opportunity to experience the game in comfort at the Lazy Bear Bay
Magic Round: Entertainment announced
LOCAL DEALS AND OFFERS
Local retailers have worked with the NRL Magic Round to deliver 'Magic Deals' with the below retailers, so you can make the most of the best food, drink and entertainment while you’re in town. Find out more here!
- The Caxton Hotel
- The Lord Alfred Hotel
- The Regatta Hotel
- Paddo Tavern
- Pig & Whistle
- NASA - A Human Adventure
Magic Round: It’s time to bring the magic!
GETTING TO THE GAME
A Suncorp Stadium event ticket entitles you to travel free, to and from matches, on the Queensland Rail City Network (excluding Airtrain) and all Brisbane City Council bus services. Simply present your game day ticket to rail and bus staff as you board their services. Your game day ticket also allows you to travel for free on all QR and BCC bus services on game day. Special Event Bus services will operate for up to one hour after the main game to the City, Eight Mile Plains, Chermside, Carindale and The Gap. After this time, patrons can catch regular bus services. High frequency services operate 2-hours prior to the NRL kick-off and for 1-hour post-game. Please visit Translink for timetables and more information.
A 1.5km radius parking exclusion zone operates around the stadium on event days. Vehicles without permits that are parked within the sign-posted Lang Park Traffic Area will be subject to council fines or may be towed.
Please ensure you keep your membership cards and tickets on you at all times. These will now be required for entry and re- entry at all gates.