Wests Tigers will look to further consolidate their spot inside the top eight when they take on the Brisbane Broncos this Friday at Leichhardt Oval.
Set for their first game at the venue in front of fans all season, Michael Maguire's side will be determined to bounce back from two close defeats to the Panthers and Rabbitohs in recent weeks and ensure they stay entrenched in a finals position.
Brisbane come in to the contest off the back of a tough run of results, although they did break through last week for a win over the Bulldogs, and will certainly be up for the contest this week with a host of players set to return.
Anthony Siebold's side haven't played at the iconic suburban ground since 2003, while Wests Tigers are also still searching their first Leichhardt Oval win of the season, having gone down to Newcastle prior to the competition shut-down.
With limited venue capacity in place for this Wests Tigers away game, make sure you see all the latest information you need for game day this Friday!
To find out more on the COVID restrictions on the day, please click here.
Date — Friday, July 17, 2020
Time — 7:55pm AEST
Venue — Leichhardt Oval
6:30pm — Gates Open at Leichhardt Oval
7:55pm — NRL, Wests Tigers v Brisbane Broncos
Match: Wests Tigers v Broncos
Round 10 -
Venue: Leichhardt Oval, Sydney
TICKETS AND MEMBERSHIP
Mobile ticketing will be in use. You must share your tickets with the group or party coming with you before you arrive – more info here. Please ensure you have your ticket ready and on your screen ready to scan at gates.
Please note, tickets will not be available at the gates on the day. Please pre-purchase online or contact our team via email@example.com.
Wests Tigers are proud to support our official charity partner Feel the Magic.
A lot has changed, we are all living with restrictions – but one thing that hasn’t changed is the grief that ONE in 20 young Australians are feeling after the loss of a parent/guardian or sibling. The pain and isolation these children feel every day has not diminished, and in fact is being felt even more prominently in most cases with little outlet or ability for them to engage in emotionally healthy ways.
In order to meet the needs of young grieving Australians, Feel the Magic has developed a new online educational program called the Healthy Grieving Program. With your help, we can spread our impact further and wider — a $10 donation will go a long way in supporting a grieving young person today.
LATEST GOVERNMENT UPDATE
Please note that all members and/or ticket holders must not attend the game if:
- They have been in Victoria in the last 14 days.
- They have been at any of the venues listed on the NSW Health website in the designated time periods.
- They have any COVID-19 symptoms.
Wests Tigers Members can be confident Leichhardt Oval has strong protective measures in place for Friday's game including:
- A COVID-19 Safety Plan which focuses on keeping you safe
- A high-touch cleaning regime implemented throughout the stadium
- Hand sanitising stations available upon entry and in various accessible locations around the venue
Together with Leichhardt Oval, we need your help by following the below COVIDSafe measures:
- Please stay home if you are sick, feeling unwell or have been in contact with someone awaiting COVID-19 test results.
- Maintain social distancing of 1.5m with people outside of your group
- Mobile ticketing will be in use on the night — please ensure you download and add your ticket to your Apple wallet prior to the event
- You must share your tickets with the group or party coming with you before you arrive
- Be aware Leichhardt Oval is cashless, with tap-and-go the only way to pay on the night
- Arrive early and limit bags where possible
- Only use the row that has been designated to you on your event ticket and socially distance by leaving two seats between you and the people outside of your party
- While in the venue, please remain seated at all times unless buying food and beverage or using the bathrooms.
GETTING TO THE GAME
As stadiums reopen with limited capacities, fans are reminded that public transport also continues to operate at a reduced capacity to maintain physical distancing across the network.
If you’re driving to the game plan to arrive early as parking in the area will be in high demand and traffic may be heavier than usual during the Friday evening peak.
Parking is limited on local roads around Leichhardt Oval so plan to arrive early and allow plenty of extra time for parking.
Fans travelling by public transport are reminded that services continue to operate at a reduced capacity to maintain physical distancing across the network. Allow plenty of additional travel time and plan ahead by checking real-time capacity indicators where available as you may need to wait for the next service with available physical distancing capacity.
Light rail services run regularly to the Leichhardt North stop on the L1 Line which is within walking distance of the stadium. A number of regular route buses also make stops near the stadium. Due to reduced capacity on transport queues for services may be lengthy so allow extra time.
Remember to practise physical distancing when on-board transport services and to look for the ‘green dots’ to find the safest places to sit or stand.
Additional measures and staff will be in place around key transport hubs to safely manage crowds arriving and leaving the game so be patient, practise physical distancing and follow the directions of staff on site.
Visit transportnsw.info for details on event transport services and more information on COVID-19 travel advice.
WESTS TIGERS MERCHANDISE
Wests Tigers RoarStore van will be available at Mary Street for all your Winter Merchandise needs!
Be sure to visit Wests Tigers official online store to get the latest merchandise.