Wests Tigers will travel to WIN Stadium for the second time in as many years as they look to bounce back against the St. George-Illawarra Dragons this Sunday afternoon.
Winners when the two sides met in the opening round of the 2020 season, Michael Maguire's side will be looking for a similar result this time around as they look to stay in touch with the top eight against a Dragons side currently sitting in fifth position.
Date — Sunday, 2nd May, 2021
Time — 4:05pm AEST
Venue — WIN Stadium, Wollongong
1:30pm — Gates Open at WIN Stadium
1:40pm — Knock-On Effect NSW Cup, St. George-Illawarra vs. Western Suburbs
4:05pm — NRL, St. George-Illawarra Dragons vs. Wests Tigers
Match: Dragons v Wests Tigers
Round 8 -
Venue: WIN Stadium, Wollongong
GETTING TO THE GAME
Patrons attending events at WIN Entertainment Centre and WIN Stadium are advised that the precinct can be busy and congested.
Patrons are encouraged to:
- Leave plenty of travel time to arrive at the venue
- Consider public transport options
- Consider being dropped off
- Park legally and considerately
- Patrons travelling to the venues on the freeway, are encouraged to use the Masters Rd. exit to avoid congestion at Mount Ousley Rd.
There are approximately 1,200 parking spaces located within close proximity and only a few minutes walking distance from WIN Stadium.
- WIN Stadium car park (opposite the Sage Hotel) – pay and display and special event parking rates apply
- Stewart Street multi-story
- Stewart Street East – special event parking rates apply
- St. Francis Xavier Cathedral
- Woolworths car park, Burelli Street
- Market Street
- David Jones car park
- Wollongong Central (GPT)
- Crown Central (north and south)
- Wollongong Station car park
Pay and display machines operate on a number of on-street and off-street parking spaces in the city centre.
Further parking is available in surrounding streets for WIN Stadium.
A taxi rank is located across the road from WIN Stadium outside the Steelers Club on Burelli Street. There is also an additional taxi rank located adjacent the WIN Entertainment Centre on the corner of Crown and Harbour Street.
Secure taxi ranks, staffed by a security guard from 11:30pm-4:00am are located on Corrimal Street and on the corner of Crown and Kembla Street. A drop off zone will be in operation on Burelli Street between Harbour and Corrimal Street.
Wollongong Shuttle Bus
Wollongong's free Gong shuttle bus makes it easy to get around Wollongong's city centre. The service operates between 7:00am and 10:00pm from Monday to Friday.
Every 10 minutes during peak (7:00am to 9:00am and 3:00pm to 6:00pm) and every 20 minutes off-peak.
The weekend service will operate every 20 minutes between 8:00am and 6:00pm.