Wests Tigers captain Botille Vette-Welsh has been selected in the Harvey Norman NSW Women’s team for the Women’s State of Origin match at the Sunshine Coast on Friday, 25th June.
Vette-Welsh has been named at fullback for the Origin clash, linking up with halves Corban Baxter and Maddie Studdon, and hooker Keeley Davis in the spine.
Kezie Apps will captain the side while Davis and Kennedy Cherrington have been named to make their debuts. Davis was named to make her debut at hooker last year but was forced to withdraw through injury on game day.
The team also includes 12 players from the City team which won the Country vs. City representative match at Bankwest Stadium on Saturday, 15th May and five players from the Country team.
NSW Women’s State of Origin team
1. Botille Vette-Welsh (Wests Tigers)
2. Yasmin Meakes (Central Coast Roosters)
3. Jess Sergis (Helensburgh Tigers)
4. Isabelle Kelly (Central Coast Roosters)
5. Tiana Penitani (Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks)
6. Corban Baxter (Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks)
7. Maddie Studdon (Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks)
8. Simaima Taufa (Mounties)
9. Keeley Davis (Mounties)
10. Millie Boyle (Burleigh Bears)
11. Kezie Apps (c) (Helensburgh Tigers)
12. Sarah Togatuki (St Marys Saints)
13. Hannah Southwell (Central Coast Roosters)
14. Quincy Dodd (Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks)
15. Filomina Hanisi (Mounties)
16. Kennedy Cherrington (Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks)
17. Holli Wheeler (North Sydney Bears)
18. Brydie Parker (Central Coast Roosters)
19. Renee Targett (North Sydney Bears)
Coach: Kylie Hilder