- Terms and Conditions
- Code of Conduct
- Category Definition
- Premium Reserved Seating
- 2020 NRL Finals Series
The following are the Membership Terms and Conditions of Wests Tigers Rugby League Football Pty Ltd (herein referred to as “Wests Tigers”).
Benefits and conditions of Membership are subject to change and are at the discretion of the Wests Tigers.
1. The Wests Tigers Membership Card remains the property of Wests Tigers. Membership cards may not be sold, exploited for commercial use or used for promotional purposes or campaigns without the express written permission of Wests Tigers.
2. If you pay your Membership fees by credit or debit card, unless you elect to opt out of the Rolling Renewal Program (automatic renewal) in accordance with directions issued by the club from time to time, you authorise Wests Tigers to automatically renew your membership each season into the same seat (if applicable) and package (or a reasonably comparable package) and to deduct the applicable Membership fees from the credit or debit card used to purchase your previous membership.
3. If you participate in the Rolling renewal Program, Wests Tigers will contact you prior to processing any renewal. You will have 14 days from the date of the club’s notice to advise of any changes or upgrades you wish to make to your Membership package, or to notify Wests Tigers in writing if you do not wish to rollover your Membership for the next season. Strict timeframes apply. If you do not notify the club that you do not wish to rollover your Membership during this period, you will be taken to have agreed to your Membership being rolled over.
4. Memberships are non-refundable and Member benefits are non-transferable. Once a Membership has been purchased, Wests Tigers is under no obligation to provide a cancellation or refund. Requests for refunds must be submitted in writing and may only be considered in exceptional circumstances.
5. It is the responsibility of the Member to notify the Wests Tigers should their details change, including issuing or withdrawal of concession status, contact details or any relevant information that could affect their Membership with the Wests Tigers.
6. The Membership purchased is applicable to the 2020 season only. The price of a 2020 Membership will not be reduced for new applicants wishing to join at any time once the season is underway.
7. All Membership prices for the 2020 season are GST inclusive.
8. 2020 Wests Tigers Members may renew into the equivalent package they had for the 2019 season online, in person or via telephone. In doing so, you are accepting the Terms and Conditions of a Wests Tigers Membership.
9. The club cannot accept any responsibility for Membership cards that are lost. Lost Membership cards must be reported to Wests Tigers Membership on (02) 8741 3300 and will incur a replacement fee of $25.00. Members who have their Membership card stolen or destroyed may be required to supply the club with a statutory declaration. Replacement cards cannot be issued on game day. All lost, stolen and damaged Membership cards will have their original barcodes cancelled and a new barcode will be issued with the new Membership card.
10. Wests Tigers reserves the right to refuse an application. The club also reserves the right to suspend or cancel a Membership, without refund, to any Member in breach of these Terms and Conditions. Wests Tigers Members are subject to the rules and regulations/conditions of entry of the stadium they are attending. Breach of these rules/conditions may result in eviction from the stadium and/or cancellation of their Wests Tigers Membership at the discretion of the club.
11. The dates, venues and times of NRL fixtures are subject to alteration.
12. Members will not be eligible for compensation should they be unable to attend a game.
13. The Wests Tigers cannot guarantee the composition of the playing roster throughout the season as players are subject to injury and performance requirements, which impact their ability to take the field.
14. Wests Tigers Membership will not be refunded due to on-field performance or the behaviour of Wests Tigers or NRL Players.
15. Membership Voucher: to be used for Wests Tigers Merchandise at Roarstore outlets only. Can be redeemed online, in store and on game day. Voucher can be used with purchases over $60. If lost or misplaced no replacement will be issued. Non-redeemable for cash. Voucher is valid for ONE (1) transaction only. Voucher is not valid with any promotion or offer, including the membership discount. The voucher will expire at the conclusion of Round 25, 2020.
This code of conduct has been created as a guide for acceptable behaviour of Wests Tigers Members and their interactions with fellow Members, supporters of both the Wests Tigers and opposition supporters, corporate partners, volunteers and all stakeholders involved with Wests Tigers.
Wests Tigers Members will be required to conduct themselves in a way that enhances the reputation of the Wests Tigers brand rather than diminishing it and includes behaviour at Wests Tigers games, functions, event days, at Wests Tigers’ offices, in all communication with Wests Tigers staff, and on social media platforms.
This code of conduct forms part of the terms and conditions of Wests Tigers Membership and each Wests Tigers Member accepts to be bound by this code of conduct when acquiring a Wests Tigers Membership. Wests Tigers Members must:
- Act as an ambassador for the Wests Tigers and all associated with Wests Tigers and reflect the values of the Club;
- Not abuse, use inappropriate gestures, threaten, intimidate, assault, use inappropriate language, or engage in any behaviour that could constitute harassment, discrimination or bullying towards Wests Tigers players or officials, opposition players or officials, match officials, venue employees, security or any other stakeholders related to Wests Tigers;
- Comply with the conditions of entry when attending Wests Tigers home games and act on the advice of venue staff in relation to bag inspections, prohibited and restricted items, accessing the field of play and any other items related to conditions of entry; and
- Show respect towards every person regardless of their physical or mental characteristics, including but not limited to, their gender, race, skin colour, religion, language, nationality, ethnic origin, sexuality or choice of NRL team.
If any Members are found to be in breach of this code of conduct, Wests Tigers reserves the right to discipline any Members in the following ways:
- Issue an official verbal warning from a Wests Tigers staff Member;
- Issue an official written warning; and/or
- Fully Cancel the Wests Tigers Membership, without refund of any fees paid.
Wests Tigers reserves the right to cancel any Wests Tigers Membership and all benefits and entitlements without notice should any Member be in breach of this code of conduct and in extreme cases Members may be permanently banned from Wests Tigers Membership for life.
To be eligible for a Junior Membership, children must be 12 years of age and under (at the time of purchase). Children over five years of age will need to obtain a Junior Membership if they wish to be eligible to purchase finals tickets and to secure their own seat. The Wests Tigers Membership department may request proof of age identification (copy of birth certificate or passport, etc.).
The following Concession card holders are eligible to purchase a Concession Membership: a holder of a Department of Social Services, Pensioner Concession (aged/single parent/disability), Veteran Affairs or current full-time Student Card. Senior and benefit cards do not qualify.
A Family Membership is comprised of two Adults and 2-4 Juniors aged between five to 12 years of age at the date of purchase.
Wests Tigers Premium Reserved Members from 2019 have until Friday, October 25 to renew their same Premium Reserved seat for 2020. After this date all Premium Reserved seats that have not been renewed will be released for general sale and cannot be guaranteed.
2. Seating areas at all stadiums are subject to change. Wests Tigers will endeavour to advise Members of any changes.
Wests Tigers Members are given priority access (over Non-Members) to purchase a ticket to the 2020 NRL Finals. NRL Finals matches are administrated by the NRL with the core advantage to Wests Tigers Members being a priority access period for the opportunity to purchase a ticket to the game before the general public. The priority access period is also extended to members of the other competing club.
Neither the club nor its Members have the same rights as they receive for the home and away games. 2020 Premium Reserved Members will be unable to retain their annual Premium Reserved seat for the NRL Finals series.
Please note that the arrangements are subject to change (subject to participation).