Wests Tigers Harvey Norman NSW Women's Premiership fullback Botille Vette-Welsh has been named to make her State of Origin debut for New South Wales on Friday, June 21.
After starring for Wests Tigers in their Round 13 win over Cabramatta on Friday night, Vette-Welsh has been named by Coach Andrew Patmore as one of seven debutants for the Blues as they look to defend last year's victory over Queensland.
Vette-Walsh will become the ninth Wests Tigers player to feature in State of Origin, and the first senior women's player to reach the representative arena.
The interstate match was played under the Origin banner for the first time in 2018, with NSW claiming honours for the past three successive years.
This year an inaugural Under-18 Women’s Origin match will be played as part of a double-header with the (open) women’s game at North Sydney Oval.
NEW SOUTH WALES WOMEN
1. Corban McGregor (Cronulla Sharks)
2. Jessica Sergis (Helensburg Tigers)
3. Tiana Penitani (Cronulla Sharks)
4. Isabelle Kelly (CRL Newcastle)
5. Shakiah Tungai (Port Kembla Blacks)
6. Kirra Dibb (North Sydney Bears)
7. Maddie Studdon (Cronulla Sharks)
8. Simaima Taufa (Mounties RLFC)
9. Kylie Hilder (CRL Newcastle)
10. Vanessa Foliaki (Easts Brisbane)
11. Kezie Apps, capt. (Helensburg Tigers)
12. Shontell Stowers (North Sydney Bears)
13. Hannah Southwell (CRL Newcastle)
14. Botille Vette-Welsh (Wests Tigers)
15. Holli Wheeler (Newcastle)
16. Takiele Katoa (Waratah Tigers)
17. Millie Boyle (Burleigh Bears)
18. Shaylee Bent (Mounties RLFC)
Coach: Andrew Patmore