Wests Tigers players Emily Curtain, Sophie Curtain and Janaya Bent have all been named to feature in the New South Wales U/18’s State of Origin team to take on Queensland in the inaugural junior representative fixture on Friday, June 21.
The trio’s inclusion comes off the back of Harvey Norman NSW Women’s Premiership Botille Vette-Welsh becoming the first Wests Tigers female player selected to make her Origin debut, with the U/18’s fixture to be played as a curtain-raiser on the night.
The match will be the first U/18’s State of Origin fixture for women’s rugby league with the two sides squaring off at North Sydney Oval during the stand-alone Representative Round on Friday, June 21.
Wests Tigers would like to congratulate all three players on their selection!
NEW SOUTH WALES U/18’S
1. Tess Staines (Riverina Bulls)
2. Teagan Berry (Illawarra Steelers)
3. Jaime Chapman (Cronulla Sharks)
4. Mikayla Kidd (Illawarra Steelers)
5. Zali Fay (Cronulla Sharks)
6. Emily Curtain (Wests Tigers)
7. Tiana Graham (Illawarra Steelers)
8. Maddison Weatherall (Illawarra Steelers)
9. Rhiannon Tungai (Illawarra Steelers)
10. Filomina Hanisi (St. George-Dragons)
11. Olivia Kernick (Newcastle Knights)
12. Caitlan Johnston (Newcastle Knights)
13. Mareva Swann (St. George-Dragons)
14. Janaya Bent (Wests Tigers)
15. Eleni Amone (Illawarra Steelers)
16. Sophie Curtain (Wests Tigers)
17. Joeli Morris (Newcastle Knights)
18. Olivia Vale (Illawarra Steelers)
Coach: Daniel Lacy (Illawarra Steelers)