You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content
Wests Tigers have defeated Wyong Roos 30-18 in the NSW Cup after claiming a 30-0 lead early in the second half.

Wests Tigers opened the scoring in the 4th minute when late addition Ben Murdoch-Masila powered over under the posts.

Murdoch-Masila was too big and too strong, backing up his NRL efforts against the Warriors on Friday night.

The conversion was an easy one for Sean Meaney.

Wests Tigers wasted only a few minutes in adding a second try, Meaney busting through up the middle before sending Jack Madden flying past the fullback.

Meaney added his second for a 12-0 lead inside ten minutes.

The first grade experience of the Wests Tigers was telling, prop Sean Spence scoring a simple try under the posts from close range.

Meaney had no trouble converting from under the posts giving Wests Tigers a commanding 18-0 lead.

It wasn't all one way traffic, with Wyong putting the Wests Tigers defence under sustain pressure with repeat sets of set. Wests Tigers bowed they could defend as well as attack and repelled the Wyong attack nicely.

After the rapid fire opening to the half, it wasn't until the 30th minute that Wests Tigers again attacked the Wyong line, Ben Murdoch-Masila looking a class above as he looked to surge under the posts.

A delightful flick pass almost created a try but it was put down.

Wests Tigers only had to wait one more set before cracking them , Moses Pangai scooting from dummy half to power over from close range.

Meaney made no mistake and it was 24-0 with six minutes remaining in the first term.

Sean Meaney took a gift two points right on halftime after a piece of ill-discipline from Wyong defending their line.

Wests Tigers wasted just two minutes in opening the second half scoring, centre Moses Pangai claiming his double when he spun over from close range.

Meaney missed his first for the day, but Wests Tigers were sitting pretty at 30-0.

The second half was proving to be a quieter affair than the first, 15 minutes going by without much in the way of threatening attack.

Wyong came the closest, knocking on over the line with 23 minutes remaining.

They should have scored just minutes later, but spilled the ball when attempting to ground a clever grubber to the in-goal.

Wests Tigers looked like they had their minds on the trip home and Wyong made them pay, grabbing a deserved first try under the posts following some nice offloading through the middle of the park.

The conversion made it 30-6 to Wests Tigers.

Wyong grabbed their second of the afternoon, slack defence giving the Wyong front-rower a chance to show some nice footwork to score under the posts.

As the afternoon sun faded on Morrie Breen Oval, Wyong scored again under the posts with coach Paul Fletcher sure to be unimpressed with the Wests Tigers efforts in the final 15 minutes.

The conversion made it 30-18 and that would be the final score, one which looked at lot less impressive than it might have been.
Acknowledgement of Country

Wests Tigers respect and honour the Traditional Custodians of the land and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and future. We acknowledge the stories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples on the lands we meet, gather and play on.

Major Partner

Corporate Partners

View All Partners